Monday, January 18, 2010

Waiting for rumors...and I get news!


As I was about to post about how I was disappointed there were no rumors about who United was looking at, I get a text from my twitter account saying we had acquired Danny Allsopp! I should hurry and get ready to post something similar so we sign more players! In all sincerity, he looks like a finisher, although most Internet videos don't show players missing a lot of shots. I was listening to the UnitedMania podcast yesterday, and this was one thing they pointed out as a position of need. A killer instinct guy. Hopefully this is it!

I feel like a lot of people are currently down on the teams chances heading in to this season. I believe there are two ways to look at what is going on. Negatively, we have lost some players (Emilio, Fred, Jacobson, Olsen, possible Gomez, #7 draft pick). In our current state, we may struggle, but the season hasn't started and the roster is not even close to complete. So I think it is easier to look at the positive side. While we have lost those players, we have brought in new and exciting options. Emilio, Fred and Gomez were really victims of their performance not being worth their salary. There is no need to ride the old horse if we don't have to! We can move in a new direction and keep our young nucleus together. Let's face it, we still have a young and exciting core to our team (Pontius, Wallace, Quaranta, Jakovic, James, Szetela). There will be more additions coming. I think there is a lot to look forward to with this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment