Friday, January 8, 2010

Fantasy Land...

So I was thinking the other day, if there were five players you wish had played for United, who would they be? The only constraints would be that they have actually played in MLS. Here is my five:
1) Shalrie Joseph.





He is a versatile player with the skillset to move to Europe, but never could because of the hardball the Rev's have played with his contract.

2) Kyle Beckerman





I always felt like this is the type fo player which should have come to United. He is a local guy, has good feet, and is not afraid of a tackle.

3) Robbie Rogers





A UMD guy that I remember tearing us apart when UMD scrimmaged DCU reserves before he went off to Holland. I knwo we made a play for him when he came back, but to no avail. Hopefully he'll still make it this way.

4) Wade Barrett





If you could not already tell, I have an affinity for local players. Wade is from VA Beach and I always followed him and wished he would have made it to United. Always provided solid leadership and defense for the Dynamo.

5) Arturo Alvarez




I always thought this guy had great potential, but struggled with consistency. i thought he would eventually blossom, and I have always hoped that it would be a United coach that would help his talents come to fruition.

I guess the great thing about my five, is that it is not too late for some of the players to still make it here and be big contributors to our future. What are your five?

2 comments:

  1. My list would be:

    1. Beckerman (local boy)--one of the best holding midfielders in MLS

    2. Alejandro Moreno (it would be great to have a Moreno-Moreno) attacking due.

    3. Geoff Cameron--one of the most versatile Defender/Midfielders in the game right now and man does DC need some skill, versatility in the defense.

    4. Yura Movsyssian--speed and a nose for goal.

    5. Nick Rimando--can we get him back? Why did we let him go in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Rimando was one of the most expensive backup goalies in the league after we went with Perkins as the starter, so he was moved. Then Perkins went to Valarenga and we were left scrambling.

    ReplyDelete